Alfred Reed Bishop and Doris William Butler

The picture above is the very tap root of Bishop's Homegrown/Face Of The Earth Seed. My grandparents shortly after moving to Pekin Indiana from Greensburg KY in 1947 where they purchased the farm that is now Bishop's Homegrown. This picture was taken in Pekin in front of the old co-op next to the old railroad depot, neither of which exist today.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Sending out all of my prayers and love to my friends!

Recently we were informed via Dan Mcmurray at Homegrown Goodness that his beautiful wife Val. has become very ill. Many of you will know Dan and Val via their wonderful Blog as well as by their screen names Grunt and Grungy at various garden forums around the net. They do some really amazing seed banking work and always are very willing to share their seeds, knowledge, and most importantly their love with everyone they come across.


Although I have never had the opportunity to meet them face to face I consider them deeply a part of my family and I love them just as I would any of my close relatives, I want to take a moment to ask all of you to please keep them in your thoughts or your prayers (regardless of your spiritual belief system) and wish and pray with all your heart for Val's quick recovery. We love you Dan and Val and we stand beside you in your time of turmoil my friends.

No comments: