Alfred Reed Bishop and Doris William Butler

The picture above is the very tap root of Bishop's Homegrown/Face Of The Earth Seed. My grandparents shortly after moving to Pekin Indiana from Greensburg KY in 1947 where they purchased the farm that is now Bishop's Homegrown. This picture was taken in Pekin in front of the old co-op next to the old railroad depot, neither of which exist today.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

"The Real" A lowdown upon my whereabouts in the summer of the year of our lord, 2012.

Anyone who knows me well knows I like to be cryptic and sometimes morose, allow me to be both for a moment if you will.


The internet is no longer (and hasn't been for a while) a safe place to be for those who are aware like us.

For that matter neither is the above ground economy, workplace, public, or schools but you work with what you have.

Right now extreme drought is laying a heavy weight upon an unstable US economy and more than ever those previous asleep to their plight are being awakened to a startling reality, one we have been aware of and preparing for for sometime, for those people let my phone number and e-mail provide access to the questions you need answered, perhaps ocassionally also the uber dark void that is facebook might be just as efficient a tool.

Currently I am in the midst of helping build a local food and trade shed in my community which takes up most of my time, what is left is filled with farm work and the learning of and then perfection of other survival skills and building infrastructure.  I will be back here sometime soon to share photos, seed, and ideas with all, at least so long as the framework still exists.

Until then I will mostly be in the "stix" studying Bachannalia and other forms of herasy which will hopefully insure the survival of my friends and family in the coming years.  Between all of that I'll be working to build my community into something respectable and regenerative.

I can't be sure of the return of the public seed list to those who aren't CSA members but I can assure the return of a trade list to those experimenting with plant breeding (though it's getting late in the game for that) and specifically to those in the regional area who may be able to fill spots in my seed list, this is of high importance to me, moreso than monetary gain in fact.

Please take the time to leave the internet as you have the chance and learn something of value, while doing so take a moment to look around and thank whatever god or chain of consequences you believe in for the very breath you draw.  Don't forget that no one makes it alone and most certainly no one ever gets out alive as Jim Morrison once stated.

For those who wish to speak of seed, trades, poultry, pigs, rgenerative growth, and in general preparing for shit to hit the fan please feel free to call me: 812-967-2073 or e-mail bishopshomegrown@gmail.com

As well allow homegrowngoodness.blogspot.com to forever be a resource to all.  You may find me there more often.

2 comments:

Patrick said...

Sorry about the drought. I hope you're still able to grow things this year.

I hope you have a nice rest of the summer, and a nice winter. Good luck with all the projects you're working on!

Anonymous said...

my thoughts exactly! i have also been preparing for the'shit to hit the fan' and this year's savage heat and drought is simply the latest notice that the party on the planet is truly over - however i am writing from the Turkish Aegean where i have evolved a satisfactory minimal lifestyle 'under the radar' (by means of a kitchen garden extensive foraging and use of herbs solar energy use etcç) after fleeing the U.S. consumerist lifestyle 25 yrsç ago.Fending for oneself has never been so relevant... an old '68 dinosaur.