Alfred Reed Bishop and Doris William Butler

The picture above is the very tap root of Bishop's Homegrown/Face Of The Earth Seed. My grandparents shortly after moving to Pekin Indiana from Greensburg KY in 1947 where they purchased the farm that is now Bishop's Homegrown. This picture was taken in Pekin in front of the old co-op next to the old railroad depot, neither of which exist today.

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Turkey feathers for sale....


Freshly harvested from our breeding flock. Fantastic for arts, crafts, arrow thatching, house decor, and dream catchers or for sticking in your "going to town" hat. Colors include bronze, naragansette, white holland, and bourban red. Mostly primary and secondary flight, but also tail feathers, and plumage.


Make an offer and we will gladly send you some.


3 comments:

linda said...

I wouldn't even know what to offer but I'd like some (maybe in the New Year though...budget is shot this month). Funny enough, turkey feathers have been on my most recent wish list:) If you have any left, let me know.

Bishops Homegrown said...

Howdy Linda!

I've got plenty and should always have some on hand. I've got some blue ones now as well as I just butchered a blue slate as well.

No hurry on ordering, as I said, I should always have plenty. $20 would be good and I can send several for that, just let me know what color and what type of feathers (primary, secondary, tail).


Just send well concealed cash to:
Alan Bishop
5604 S. State Rd. 60
Pekin IN 47165

Your friend,
Alan

linda said...

Hey Alan
Will do. I'll think about what types I want, not sure of the differences but will check it all out. Look forward to hearing from me some time in the next month:) Hope you had a great holiday.