Alfred Reed Bishop and Doris William Butler

The picture above is the very tap root of Bishop's Homegrown/Face Of The Earth Seed. My grandparents shortly after moving to Pekin Indiana from Greensburg KY in 1947 where they purchased the farm that is now Bishop's Homegrown. This picture was taken in Pekin in front of the old co-op next to the old railroad depot, neither of which exist today.

Search This Blog

Friday, December 31, 2010

The Peasant Barn.....


Chicken coop in the new peasant barn



Guinea coop


Guinea Coop


"Dofer"blacksmithing shop


Almost Painted.




Thought I'd give you a quick view of some of the "Peasant Barn" I've been working on.

The barn, as mentioned before, was previously the old tobacco curing and striping barn for our small family farm. It was in rough shape when I started rebuilding it and still is given my limited carpentry skills and lack of funding. I'll be happy if I get 10 years out of it in order to build a new barn.

In the upper story not pictured here I built some floors for storage and I kept the old truss system so that I can still hang and cure my homegrown tobacco next season, we are actually looking into the legality of selling unprcessed raw tobacco leaf in coming seasons.

The lower shed (also not pictured here) is not finished here but will consist of two seperate rooms, one a proper blacksmithing shop which will house the family black smithing heirlooms from the Wilson side of my family, the second room will be a shop/hang out of sorts.

No comments: