Alfred Reed Bishop and Doris William Butler

The picture above is the very tap root of Bishop's Homegrown/Face Of The Earth Seed. My grandparents shortly after moving to Pekin Indiana from Greensburg KY in 1947 where they purchased the farm that is now Bishop's Homegrown. This picture was taken in Pekin in front of the old co-op next to the old railroad depot, neither of which exist today.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The amazing artwork of Mary Deem Feifer!

I've been meaning to post a link to this for a while now and just keep forgetting. Mary is the wonderful woman who is doing the new logo for our Face Of The Earth Seed project. I finally had a chance to meet Mary in person at the recent Homegrown Goodness get together and she is just as wonderful and friendly and talented in person as she comes off as in e-mail. I consider Mary a fantastic friend and want to share her talents with the world in my little corner of cyberspace. The work in progress art she showed me of the logo was fantastic and the rough sketch she did in the first few days of our correspondence together was beautiful in itself in ways I can't explain in words. When the artwork is finished I'll ask Mary if I can also share the sketch she sent me as well.

Anyhow, I highly reccomend checking out her site if your a fan of fine artwork!

http://deempfeifer.com

No comments: