Alfred Reed Bishop and Doris William Butler

The picture above is the very tap root of Bishop's Homegrown/Face Of The Earth Seed. My grandparents shortly after moving to Pekin Indiana from Greensburg KY in 1947 where they purchased the farm that is now Bishop's Homegrown. This picture was taken in Pekin in front of the old co-op next to the old railroad depot, neither of which exist today.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Shameless promotion in exchange for free swag!




Yeah, I admit it, I'm a sucker for free swag, but only free swag that I would actually use! Recently the opporotunity to link to a company that I've done business with before (www.buildasign.com) came along in my email from a very nice lady. A simple offer really, post a link to us under the heading bumper stickers and we will send you free swag that you can design yourself!
Well O-Kay then! Gladly. Seriously though guys, I wouldn't post this if I didn't think some of you other farmers market venders and seed sellers couldn't make great use of this service or if this was not a quality product, and trust me, you don't have to worry ever about this site becoeming one big advertising agregator.
Now that we essentially have the intro out of the way, it was a pleasure to work with these guys designing some cool stuff to promote Bishop's Homegrown/Face Of The Earth Seed Co. I got two banners that you can see above (sorry for the cropped pick of the one, but it's hanging in the hallway and I couldn't stand far enough away to get the whole image) to promote us more visably at the farmers market. I also snagged two pretty sweet parking signs which now decorate the drive in front of the peasant barn and one on the wall inside the peasant barn. All three items are exceedingly high quality just like the truck signs and other things I've ordered from them from over the years and I can't say enough about their service really.
Anyhow, check it out if you need some promo items! www.buildasign.com


No comments: