Alfred Reed Bishop and Doris William Butler

The picture above is the very tap root of Bishop's Homegrown/Face Of The Earth Seed. My grandparents shortly after moving to Pekin Indiana from Greensburg KY in 1947 where they purchased the farm that is now Bishop's Homegrown. This picture was taken in Pekin in front of the old co-op next to the old railroad depot, neither of which exist today.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Growing Power

You might have noticed that I added a new link to the right for the not for profit Growing Power To say that I find Will Allen and his work in suburban sustainable agriculture and education interesting and inspirational is to say the least. I really think the future of agriculture to a certain extent (in urban areas) will be based on Will's ideas. The aquaphonics, vermicomposting and use of vertical space in their greenhouses are all signs of truly inspirational thinking and reasoning. Highly balanced eco-systems and protein and plant material can be balanced in an "echo" system to an extent very rarely seen outside of this type of not for profit or independent work. If nothing else it has inspired me to look deeper into AquaPhonics in my own production systems.

As follows below are a few videos about Growing Power that I found on youtube:

Part 1:



Part 2:



Part 3:



Another Video:



And yet one more:

No comments: