Alfred Reed Bishop and Doris William Butler

The picture above is the very tap root of Bishop's Homegrown/Face Of The Earth Seed. My grandparents shortly after moving to Pekin Indiana from Greensburg KY in 1947 where they purchased the farm that is now Bishop's Homegrown. This picture was taken in Pekin in front of the old co-op next to the old railroad depot, neither of which exist today.

Search This Blog

Monday, December 15, 2008

The Kusa Seed Society

Thanks for the heads up to CanadaMike over at The Homegrown Goodness Message Board. I recently posted about my interest in open pollinated grains and the experiments that we would be attempting in the growing of these precious nutritional crops. Mike recently informed me of the existence of this seed society and their seed offers. It seems like a terrific organization though I have not had much time to check out the site for myself lately, I'll be making some time later this week and be ordering for sure.

Check them out here:

http://www.ancientcerealgrains.org

No comments: