Alfred Reed Bishop and Doris William Butler

The picture above is the very tap root of Bishop's Homegrown/Face Of The Earth Seed. My grandparents shortly after moving to Pekin Indiana from Greensburg KY in 1947 where they purchased the farm that is now Bishop's Homegrown. This picture was taken in Pekin in front of the old co-op next to the old railroad depot, neither of which exist today.

Search This Blog

Monday, December 15, 2008

Playing Santa Clause!




One thing that I look forward to every year is the opportunity to portray Santa Claus for the town of New Pekin (my hometown) and for the Pierce Polk Vol Fire Dept. Once again this year (the fourth year) I have dawned that jolly red suit, wig and beard and delivered presents to the children of the town. Sunday night was the fire dept. Christmas party and Kim and I had visitors come along with us in the form of Kim's two cousins Marry and Kati (6 and 10 years old respectively), I really enjoyed getting to play Santa for them and for the other children at the department, so much so I wanted to upload a couple photos of doing so! Thursday night I will don the suit once more and visit the parking lot of the post office in town where a crowd of a couple of hundred children will wait their chance to see Santa in person, we will hand out bags of candy, peanuts, apples, oranges and so forth and will proceed with the leftovers to the senior citizens apartments on the other side of town where we will (the fire dept. and Santa of course!) distribute the leftovers to the elderly folks who really seem to love the chance to see Santa bringing them a gift! I'll make sure and upload some photos from that night as well!

No comments: