Alfred Reed Bishop and Doris William Butler

The picture above is the very tap root of Bishop's Homegrown/Face Of The Earth Seed. My grandparents shortly after moving to Pekin Indiana from Greensburg KY in 1947 where they purchased the farm that is now Bishop's Homegrown. This picture was taken in Pekin in front of the old co-op next to the old railroad depot, neither of which exist today.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Green Intifada

I recently became aware of a group known as The Green Intifada in Palestine as they have contacted my friend/partner Michel over at the Homegrown Goodness Message board about recieving some of our seeds for their cause. Our brothers and sisters in Palestine and Israel need all the love in the world right now, so if you can, please visit their blog and give them your support however you can. In their own words the Green Intifada is:

a community based, grass roots democratic movement aiming to rebuild Palestinian society upon the ethics of sound environmental practice, sustainability and community cohesion. Green Intifada is not an organisation. It is the begginnings of a network of organisations, working together for social transformation in the Occupied Palestinian Territories

If anyone from the Green Intifada is reading please contact me about working together in the near future. Alan Reed Bishop

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,I just found your blog and find it very interesting as I live in nearby Chicago. If the Green Intifada contact you, can I ask you a favor to contact me? I would love to get involved in this as well. I will be back to read your blog as soon as I go read theirs.

Ottawa Gardener said...

Interesting, and possibly a way to help out. Thanks for letting us know.