Alfred Reed Bishop and Doris William Butler

The picture above is the very tap root of Bishop's Homegrown/Face Of The Earth Seed. My grandparents shortly after moving to Pekin Indiana from Greensburg KY in 1947 where they purchased the farm that is now Bishop's Homegrown. This picture was taken in Pekin in front of the old co-op next to the old railroad depot, neither of which exist today.

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sourcepoint Seeds and Ampetu Oihankesi

Last year I purchased some seed from an interesting organization called Sourcepoint Seeds that I was not able to locate online. Of particular interest to me were Quinoa, Amaranth, and Wheat. "Life Support Crops as owner Ampetu Oihankesi calls them. Today I decided to give Ampetu a call on the phone, our conversation was engaging, deep, and very philosophical. It was a meeting of two similar minds with similar interests. We discussed GMO's, the current human condition, cereal crops, macrobiotics, oriental medicine and a lot more. I was sure to tell him about the Homegrown Goodness message board and I hope he gets a chance to stop by there, I have also added him to the tentative list of folks I would like to interview in the future for this blog as well as for the message board. Ampetu is working with some very interesting and important crops and I hope to purchase seeds from him in the near future for next year and to work with him more closely in the coming years.

For a SourcePoint Seeds Catalog send $4 to

Ampetu Oihankesi
1220 2640 Road
Hotchkiss, Colorado 81419

In the meantime, be sure to check out these audio interviews with Ampetu at Lighting The Fires Of Liberty archive and find the shows from February 5, March 18'th, and April 21'st 2008.

No comments: