Alfred Reed Bishop and Doris William Butler

The picture above is the very tap root of Bishop's Homegrown/Face Of The Earth Seed. My grandparents shortly after moving to Pekin Indiana from Greensburg KY in 1947 where they purchased the farm that is now Bishop's Homegrown. This picture was taken in Pekin in front of the old co-op next to the old railroad depot, neither of which exist today.

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Getting caught up slowly! Update on ordering seeds.

Just taking a few minuites to update the blog. I'm slowly starting to catch up I believe. I've been mixing soil, harvesting castings, and making soil blocks all day, tonight I will pack the remainder of the seed orders for the year and then bottle some of my mead! Still have to find the time soon to get out and cut some fire wood and there are a ton of seeds that need to be started.


Update on ordering seed:

Unfortunately we are almost out of stock of everything in our public access seed collection so for the time being we will not be taking any future orders for seed in 2009.

This fall expect a much larger seed list and the ability to request a physical copy as well as access a PDF file containing our seed list. We are moving Hip-Gnosis Seed Development into the realm of an actual seed company in the coming months. Expect lot's of unique and rare varieties and lots of newly bred Open Pollinated lines for 2010. Thanks to everyone has ordered. If you have an order with me right now, don't worry, it will still be going out my friends!

Thanks again guys! Unless something uber exciting happens I will speak to you all next Monday! Have a good one. BTW, Happy Birthday to me! (Feb. 22)

2 comments:

Glenn said...

Happy Birthday to you indeed, buddy! Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication. Best wishes for many, many more birthdays to come.

LindaM said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you enjoyed it and heres to many more.