Alfred Reed Bishop and Doris William Butler

The picture above is the very tap root of Bishop's Homegrown/Face Of The Earth Seed. My grandparents shortly after moving to Pekin Indiana from Greensburg KY in 1947 where they purchased the farm that is now Bishop's Homegrown. This picture was taken in Pekin in front of the old co-op next to the old railroad depot, neither of which exist today.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

May be away for a few days.

I may be away from the net and subsequently my blog and message board for a few days trying to get caught up on farm work before springs arrival. Lot's to do. A few thousand brassicas and peppers to get started, nearly one ton of compost to sift, and a ton of starting mix to get made. I also need to take a bit to center myself and get some physical/spiritual health issues under control, mostly related to a poor diet and my continued smoking habbit and lack of consistent sleep schedule. I won't be gone long though, too much to post about my friends!

No comments: