Been away for a couple days, seeding flats, enjoying the beautiful springlike weather, composting, preparing fields and all kinds of stuff I love to do!
Anyhow, have those of you who are "awake" been paying attention to this H.R. 875?
Sort of a curious bill is it not? After reading it and doing a google search I came up with this from another site:
Pay special attention to
* Section 3 which is the definitions portion of the bill-read in it’s entirety.
* section 103, 206 and 207- read in it’s entirety.
What it Does:
* Legally binds state agriculture depts to enforcing federal guidelines effectively taking away the states power to do anything other than being food police for the federal dept.
* Effectively criminalizes organic farming but doesn’t actually use the word organic.
* Effects anyone growing food even if they are not selling it but consuming it.
* Effects anyone producing meat of any kind including wild game.
* Legislation is so broad based that every aspect of growing or producing food can be made illegal. There are no specifics which is bizarre considering how long the legislation is.
* Section 103 is almost entirely about the administrative aspect of the legislation. It will allow the appointing of officials from the factory farming corporations and lobbyists and classify them as experts and allow them to determine and interpret the legislation. Who do you think they are going to side with?
* Section 206 defines what will be considered a food production facility and what will be enforced up all food production facilities. The wording is so broad based that a backyard gardener could be fined and more.
* Section 207 requires that the state’s agriculture dept act as the food police and enforce the federal requirements. This takes away the states power and is in violation of the 10th amendment.
The thing is that this bill is written so vaguely that this could actually apply to us on a local, in-state, and regional level! If they think they are going to pull this shit off, I think they have a rude awakening coming. For those of you who wrote the bill or agree with it, allow me to break it down for you.
-For eight years we lived under a totalitarian government.
-While Obama is enjoying a wave of popularity, his disapproval rating in his first month was alarmingly high along with the number of controversial appointments and ensuing corruption of the cabinet that he has surrounded himself with he has sat himself up for failure.
-We are suffering from the worst economic crisis since the great depression, more and more people are waking up and realizing that this was an engineered crisis and are also coming to the realization that 9/ll, the Iraq war, and the war in Afghanistan are a sham, engineered by some shadow puppeteer who is thirsty for blood.
-People are out of jobs, stocking up for hard times, and some very serious talk of the next American revolution is taking place.
-States are declaring their sovereign rights in your very face.
-You have repeatedly expanded governmental agencies and power into corporate hands and violated states rights.
-How long do you think it's going to last?
This country is ripping at the seams and when it falls, do you really think there will be somewhere in this world where those responsible will be safe? Have you read any history about the French Revolution?
Try and enforce this act on the small and local farms of the United States and see what happens. I think you know. As though we can't read this and tell that Monsanto, Syngenta, Tyson and others are behind it, are you really this stupid?
So, if you think you can get away with this, go ahead, push our buttons mother fuckers!