Alfred Reed Bishop and Doris William Butler

The picture above is the very tap root of Bishop's Homegrown/Face Of The Earth Seed. My grandparents shortly after moving to Pekin Indiana from Greensburg KY in 1947 where they purchased the farm that is now Bishop's Homegrown. This picture was taken in Pekin in front of the old co-op next to the old railroad depot, neither of which exist today.

Search This Blog

Monday, May 24, 2010

The Source....

I haven't blogged much lately, mainly due to the time constraints placed on me by the management of an absurdley large turkey flock as well as the rigors of planting season and the management of the many seed and produce crops which is an ongoing and never ending process, but I wanted to take a moment (prior to posting some farm related articles shortly) and address the oil spill, theres no need to name it, you know the one I'm talking about.

Since the dawn of all humanity, long before the first human discovered seeds germinating in midden heaps and developed agriculture, the sea/ocean was a MAJOR source of our survival and subsequent culture. By way of food, natural goods, and later overwater trade, the sea was in many ways our mother. Of course she could be tempermental, but it wasn't due to our own tampering that she might throw a tidal wave or hurricane our way. We owe our very existence here in Eden, nay the existence of every living thing to those beautiful blue and green waters, for without them earth would not have sustained carbon based life (regardless of where life came from).

I haven't said anything on here about the oil spill even though I have been intensley aware of it since it was first reported, only because it saddens and ANGERS me to such and extent that it is best I not put it in too many words to avoid the offence that might come to my friends (such was the case when I expressed my anger and MY WAY of dealing with the rape of a handicaped girl a few weeks ago). Besides I couldn't say much that hadn't already been said.

I've read many articles and a lot of research into this issue. At this point in time if you can honestly believe that both BP and American Politicians weren't covering up this massive disaster then I have nothing to sell or tell you now or ever and it is best you just leave now as your ignorance is in no way desired in my life.

I don't know how to fix it, god, in all his/it's/their various forms, knows I wish I did. What I can say is this;

The US economy has been sank for months, millions set without jobs as we speak, and amongst those millions are a ton of engineers. Some with deep water experience I'm sure, many without, but I be you, that out there, somewhere in the US (probably the least expected areas) there are 3 or 4 guys who could have and probably already have developed a realistic and feasible solution beyond anything that the fat cat beurocrats and rich oil tycoons could think of......and yet it continues to drench the source of our very life in toxic goo.

I've been preparing for sometime for what is happening in our world, knowing that many things are deliberate (not saying the oil spill is), this year I've invested in a ton of fishing gear, now more than ever I'm glad I am teaching myself to fish those inland waters for nourishment instead of relying on the ocean. The ocean which has provided us for millenia but now is being pumped full of toxins and human egotism.

-Alan

No comments: