Alfred Reed Bishop and Doris William Butler

The picture above is the very tap root of Bishop's Homegrown/Face Of The Earth Seed. My grandparents shortly after moving to Pekin Indiana from Greensburg KY in 1947 where they purchased the farm that is now Bishop's Homegrown. This picture was taken in Pekin in front of the old co-op next to the old railroad depot, neither of which exist today.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Great High Mountain.......

No blogs for a while now, not on purpose and most certainly not set to the "ignore" function. Lots and lots of work to do right now, but soon enough I'll be back to my ever "ranty" self. Lot's of good stuff happening, lots of photos coming, lots of theories being formulated, and as ever lots of hard lessons learned which have taught me much.

Daily I am humbled by just how much I still don't know or understand about nature (or mankind for that matter) and yet even when things are not growing (or for that matter going) the way I wish them to, hope persists, though not paralyzing hope as it is not entangled in the web of faith.

Working hard on myself spiritual and investing that energy in the land and animals, it certainly is a tall mountain, but none shall conquer my existence.

I'll be home soon
-Alan

No comments: