Alfred Reed Bishop and Doris William Butler

The picture above is the very tap root of Bishop's Homegrown/Face Of The Earth Seed. My grandparents shortly after moving to Pekin Indiana from Greensburg KY in 1947 where they purchased the farm that is now Bishop's Homegrown. This picture was taken in Pekin in front of the old co-op next to the old railroad depot, neither of which exist today.

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Some messageboards of interest to agricultural explorers.

Well as cool weather sets in I'll find myself with a bit more time to set behind this screen and type here on the blog as well as the ever growing Homegrown Goodness Messageboard where the conversations are already heating up with talk of many new breeding projects and seed trades as well as homesteading skills and more.


I'd be remiss however if I didn't also mention a couple other boards I thought my readers might enjoy starting with my buddy Dean Slater (Darthslater to those in the know) owner and operator of both PKS Seeds as well as The Tomato Garden messageboard the sister site of our very own homegrown goodness messageboard!

Darth will be growing out some of our toughest selections on some of his toughest land next season, a project which you can follow on Homegrown Goodness.

I should also mention that Rob Wagner and Tom Wagner of New World Seeds And Tubers have a new messageboard as well Here

No comments: