Well, it most certainly snowed today, which equals one thing and one thing only for me: Boredom.
So aside from taking a few pictues I decided to organize the seed collection into something that resembles order, particularly getting the varieties and genepools I grow yearly put into one convinent location and getting those in need of seed increase where they can easily be found. Sounds easier than it actually was, sometimes I forget just how much seed I have on hand and of how many varieties at any given point in time.
I also made some visual selections of corn kernels from The Astronomy Domine Genepool. I'm interested in growing out some individual color lines now that all the genes have had a chance to recombine. Most of the purple seed is the result of incorporating Alan Kapulers various Double red and Martian Purple lines into Astronomy Domine, however, those genes have now been shuffled along with the genes from the other 150 plus varieties that make up the genetic background of Astronomy Domine, I have interest in developing another new purple pigmented line (noticed abundant life is carrying another new Munk bergin purple line too that I'm gonna have to add to this material). As you can see from the pic below I was also working on developing a couple more color pools. Particularly red, which is mostly the result of Millersburg Red, Red Evergreen, and the F1 Ruby Queen material, but also an Orange line. Should prove to be fun and helpful.